My first try at pen photography

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from DFerguson777

DFerguson777

I haven't posted any of my pen pictures thus far because of my poor photography. After reading in the IAP library I put few things together and here is my first attempt at improving my photo skills:).
Feedback welcome.
-Denny- NC

Attachments

• Computer Pen.jpg
    Computer Pen.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 289
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Daniel

Great job for a first try. with just a touch of tweaking you will start bringing out the detail such as the engraving on the band. Very seldom sen in the quality of photos here. Not surprising since we all set out to make pens not photograph them. You are already above Parr for sharing photos. nice work.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Looks good from here. You've got good even coverage and the color saturation
looks good, so your metering must be on the money..

Ligget

Great picture Denny, but at that angle you can see the little step from the blank to the centreband metalwork, I prefer the pen to be at more of a right angle to the camera. See picture below for an example.

PICT0032-1.jpg

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I haven't posted any of my pen pictures thus far because of my poor photography. After reading in the IAP library I put few things together and here is my first attempt at improving my photo skills:).
Feedback welcome.
-Denny- NC
If i did not post my pics until I had a photo that good, you would never see my pens. :eek:

W3DRM

Very nice photo indeed! Not sure if everyone knows that if you click on the thumbnail you get a larger image and THEN, click on the second image you will get, in this case, a full 800 x 600 image that does, in fact, show pretty good detail of the center band and that of the circuit board itself.

Pretty impressive for a "first photo".

What are you using for a photo setup - a light tent, etc?

DFerguson777

I made a little photo tent out of PVC, polyester cloth, and two photo lights - one each side. I used the idea from the IAP library. Set up and take down is too easy.

Very nice photo indeed! Not sure if everyone knows that if you click on the thumbnail you get a larger image and THEN, click on the second image you will get, in this case, a full 800 x 600 image that does, in fact, show pretty good detail of the center band and that of the circuit board itself.

Pretty impressive for a "first photo".

What are you using for a photo setup - a light tent, etc?

bruce119

Nice photo good angle shows the pen nicely. really shows off the circuit board of the computer pen. Just get it to sharpen up a bit and get rid of the time stamp and your there.

Jgrden

I have a Nikon D40X for sale. Your picture is just fine. It shows the detail very well and you gave me an idea of what to do with that extra circut board blank I have.

Top Bottom