My first try alone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from cowchaser

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowchaser

Well, don't really know how to put this experience other than interesting. Decided to to a pen rather than look at all my new tools. It is Bubinga with a CA finish. It didn't turn out to great, but I am pleased with it due to the fact it was built by me, after I got my fingers unglued TWICE. Any comments good or bad are welcome. Let me see if I can get these photos to work. I am not a photographer and the were taken just thrown on top of an old t-shirt.

20071017201051_IMG_2487-400.jpg

Added after some editing. Not great at all this computer stuff either.

20071017204942_pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

Looks good Dustin

Couple comments. Try zooming in or getting closer to the pen and a little more filtered lighting maybe. That will show off the color and shine. Crop the picture down some on the computer.

rherrell

Save it. Pull it out again in 6 months and LAUGH! I laugh every time I look at my first one. It's amazing how good you will become if you keep reading everything on this forum and PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE!>

OKLAHOMAN

Dustin, I told you that you could do it, now keep it up and as Rick said PRACTICE,PRACTICE AND MORE PRACTICE and before you know it you'll be as good or better than your teacher[:D][;)]

les-smith

Not bad. You had more guts on your first pen then I did on mine. I turned my first barrel to barrel. I like the color combination. I realy have a problem with color combinations. I'm always having looking at the pictures on the forum to see what looks good.

Also, now that all the tools are working, isn't time for Roy to make a road trip.[:)]

cowchaser

Originally posted by les-smith
<br />Not bad. You had more guts on your first pen then I did on mine. I turned my first barrel to barrel. I like the color combination. I realy have a problem with color combinations. I'm always having looking at the pictures on the forum to see what looks good.

Also, now that all the tools are working, isn't time for Roy to make a road trip.[:)]

He might want to wait till I get a little better organized. I'll even let him fix my skew that I screwed up sharpening. [:0]

GaryMGg

Nice first!
You should build a pen stand for it and put it up somewhere under guard. If you don't it'll perform mitosis, then pretty soon they'll start reproducing, and soon thereafter you'll have to move out or build a new place to house all those little pens. DAMHIKT. [:D][;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom