My First Trustone Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from t001xa22

t001xa22

I decided to show my first Trustone-barreled pen mainly because I wanted to brag about how well Ken's Pen Pro handled this stuff. My customer selected the material (Red Dino Bone) and the kit. When I read that the Dino Bone group of Trustones were rated a 3 on a 1-to-3 hardness scale, I was concerned. After starting with the Pen Pro, I realized this was not a problem. It is my understanding that Dino Bone Trustone has well over 85% ground stone in its mix, and I can now believe it. Obviously, the barrel is heavier than a standard acrylic and most woods. I can't imagine anyone wanting a two-barreled pen kit style with Trustone; it would weigh a lot. I'm open to comments. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• RedDinoBoneTS1.jpg
    RedDinoBoneTS1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 158
  • RedDinoBoneTS2.jpg
    RedDinoBoneTS2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 88
  • RedDinoBoneTS3.jpg
    RedDinoBoneTS3.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 105
  • RedDinoBoneTS4.jpg
    RedDinoBoneTS4.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 95
  • RedDinoBoneTS5.jpg
    RedDinoBoneTS5.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 132

76winger

Beautiful pen!

I love truestone, but some of it can be a real challenge to work with. Generally, from what I've worked with so far, the darker blue, purple and black colors are the hardest and pretty much require some form of a carbide tipped cutter. The lighter colors "can" be done with standard HSS tooling, but will require a sharpening or two during the process.

Top Bottom