My first successful Acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tbfoto

tbfoto

I want to give a shout out to Jonathon (Brooks803). He sent me several beautiful blanks that he cast, for me to work with as I was struggling with learning how to turn acrylic. Thank you Jonathon for "paying it forward" as you did and I hope to "pay it forward" as well very soon.

Here is a quick shot of the first pen I turned from one of his blanks. It is the only one I have turned so far because my work schedule has kept me working... even this whole weekend, but I finished this pen this morning. His acrylic blank turned much smoother than the other blanks I had. Maybe it is a different material? It drilled fine and then I took my time turning it and didn't rush and that also helped. Anyway...I think I'm on my way to figuring this stuff out. Slow and sharp are the keys!

Anyway....I liked the metallic look of the blank as well. His blanks are for sale in the classifieds so check them out.

Thanks again,
Tom

Wallstreet II Black Titanium (yeah..I know...image sucks...I'll have to work on that)

Attachments

• 2496 resized.jpg
    2496 resized.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

Thanks Tom. I'm glad you were able to finish one! All those blanks are made with Silmar 41 PR. This one looks great :biggrin:! Hopefully you'll have the same sucess with all the others. Can't wait to see some more.

David Keller

Congrats on your first acrylic. I just finished a few of Brooks803's blanks, and I love the way they turn. Black is a pretty tough first choice, because it shows every little flaw so readily. Nice work.

Brooks803

Shea signed in on jonathons account

Great job with that blank! Glad it turned well for you. We are always excited to see what other turners do with our blanks and you did an amazing job! I really liked those blanks and thought the metallic shimmer was quite unique as well. Enjoy! -Shea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom