My first stylus pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CSue

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
It's been such a very mong time! I made an abstract pattern using polmer clay and colors someone ordered. She wanted a Stylus pen for her iPad/purse. I used left over parts - no big shucks. But I wanted to share it as part of my celebration of "turning" a pen. all comments welcome.

Attachments

• Stylus Pen 2 (337x640).jpg
    Stylus Pen 2 (337x640).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 319
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

That's really pretty!

That would be fun to learn how to made blanks out of clay,is it hard to do?

I have made a couple of the stylus-only,but am disappointed that they won't turn the page,yet does everything else.Does your stylus pen turn the page ok?

Steve

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
I haven't had any trouble with turning page on iPad. My friend had no trouble with it either.

As for making blanks with polymer clay, I don't have the delicate touch Toni or some of the other have. My friend wanted red, white, green and black to match the case she uses for her iPad. So I got those colors, made a roll of red, rolled out some softened white and wrapped it around the red. Then I did the same for the green and black - white and green were thin layers. It was all about 1/2" round. I "rolled it" back and forth till it was a real long, thin roll. Then I sliced pieces off about 1/4" thick and pressed them to the tubes with pattern showing. Bake it according to directions. I let it set few hours to cool and finish hardening before I put it on the lathe and turn it.

That's about as complicated as I can do right now.

I'm really glad you like it. It came out better than I thought it would. Thank you for your comments.

Top Bottom