My First Snakewood Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KingBubbaTruck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok,

So got my shipment of 'ChitsWood' today (Thanks Darick, some real nice looking stuff).

I'd ordered a bunch of stuff and it all came, so I had to make something. Work has been keeping me at the computer pretty solid the last 5 days, so it's been a few days since I had my Lathe fix, and boy did I need it!

So, This is not one of the highly figured jumbo guaranteed blanks, but was a blank that was in a set of 20 assorted blanks (I have no idea how I'll figure out what anything is, but man do some of them look neat!)

Basically, just turned it, rough sanded it, wet sanded it with a little BLO at 600 grit, wiped it off, then MM through the entire range, then a little more BLO, and then, ....

Only a couple of coats of Hut Crystal Coat....

Going to hang on to it and see how long it takes to crack...:D

Actually, I want to see how the finish (or lack thereof) works out. I've got my CA/BLO method working pretty good, but that didn't seem appropriate for this stuff.

Brent

2006522545_snakecigar.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chitswood

King bubba truck, did you order that from ebay?

When you guys buy from ebay, be sure to put "IAP" on the note of the paid sheet, I'll bump your shipments to the top of my shipping paperwork pile for anyone that does.

gerryr

According to Darrick, letterwood is snakewood with no figure at all. The pen looks good. I've got some I need to try soon also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom