My first snakewood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Texatdurango

Texatdurango

In a recent order I decided to try a snakewood to see what all the hubub was about. I made this this morning and applied a CA finish. I don't know when it's supposed to crack but so far so good!

The blank was under 3/4" so once I turned it round, drilling with a 37/64" was a bit tricky. I really do like the looks of the pen so will probably order more.
200866232419_emperor413.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

Very very nice George
I've never understood what all the hubbub was about snakewood but after seeing that pen I'm begining to understand now .
Spectacular fit and finish as usual and the picture is Fantastic .
Good luck on the cracking...hope it never happens but from what I've read it can take months to happen .

Texatdurango

Glad you liked the photo, I've been working on different lighting and my wife redid my light tent. I think the photos are coming out a lot clearer than they used to. I also think putting the pens on a mirror makes for a nice photo.

workinforwood

What's up with using the kit ?!?! But really, it looks awesome. I just spun one into a cigar that someone was nice enough to give me some time back and I too hope that it doesn't crack. I was thinking the cigar was a bit thicker so that might help. I noticed it's very oily. I see you didn't have any trouble getting CA to stick without clouds..your finish is killer.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Very nice work George ! The snakewood is really nice . Your photo and lighting with the mirror is excellant ! I too , hope it never cracks .

bitshird

Very nice pen George, I've been a bit afraid to try Snakewood after the horror stories, especially after my last disasters. But your's certainly makes me reconsider it, just gotta get over this Paduk thing [^][^][^]

ldb2000

Let me know what your better half did to the tent so I can beg mine to do the same...The Mirror works well with some kits but not all , but with that pen....errrr....Writing Instrument....the mirror really works !!!

Top Bottom