My first slimlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TomServo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DWK5150

Whats wrong with the ca on the mesquite? Actually it looks really good in the photo. Your doing better than I am with ca thats for sure.

TomServo

Corey: I like the mesquite too, but I couldn't get the CA to stop clouding up for the life of me, and I did a rush job sanding it out... so there's a couple of cloudy spots, it's not as perfectly clear as I'd like.. I also turned a bit slim on the one end. I worked it in so it's not too noticeable... Gotta improve my MM technique.

Does anyone use a foam pad with their MM, or just go lightly with finger backing?

Mikey

I like the mesquite one too more than the other. Also, it looks as though you got the pens nice and smooth and even with the ends. Very nice.

Oh, I just use finger backing on MM. As long as I keep sliding from side to side, I get no lines on the finished part.

TomServo

Thanks guys! maybe I'm just being overcritical :) I spent a long time on the mesquite pen, and that was my second try at CA on it - the first one I completely hosed..

The redheart pen was just to see what redheart looked like as a pen - I'm not too impressed, and I gave that one to my landlord as a christmas gift. I do like the mesquite - it's a blast to turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom