My first Slimline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wfsteadman

wfsteadman

Turned my first slimline today. I like the look. Needed to paint the tube black and forgot to. This one stays with me anyway so I can reflect back and remember when....

1_acrylic-final-debbie2.png

1_acrylic-final-debbie1.png

1_acrylic-final-debbie.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

You might want to try red. The red will lighten the black but the black will darken the red. What part showed the tube the most?? Good job with the pen.

wfsteadman

The cap end showed the most gold tube so I hid it behind the clip. The wife liked seeing the gold through it so it was a win win from that perspective, but from my perspective (you know the whole own worst critic thing) I would have liked to have it covered up. Good tip about the red. Gives me a whole new way to think about painting the tubes, thanks

You might want to try red. The red will lighten the black but the black will darken the red. What part showed the tube the most?? Good job with the pen.

Sappheiros

Yeah I hid the spots on the front of the pen and under the clip. Had gold tubes, thought she wanted it to be gold, but we live and we learn.

Many a blank of mine have looked solid enough to go without painting only to find out in the end... Whoops. Better to err on the side of caution I suppose.

mecompco

I think it looks pretty good--like the straight lines. One unsolicited photo tip--don't use your flash.

Regards,
Michael

wfsteadman

Yep, I am going to make me a pen photo station so I get better lighting etc... these are taken with my phone, but I want to take better Photos later. Thanks for the tip by the way :)

I think it looks pretty good--like the straight lines. One unsolicited photo tip--don't use your flash.

Regards,
Michael

Rockytime

I particularly like the pen because it is not fat with a thin waist. Just my preference. The pen does look very nice and I like the red blank also.

Skeels

Very nice slimline. I too carry my first pen with me at all times, like yourself, to reflect. I also carry a nice one as well. I don't really use the nice one much cause I don't wanna mess it up. But it's there for the poleople that are like "I heard u make pens"... Dead don't wanna show my first. That bad boy used to be a gunmetal trimline in an oak burl, now, u can't even tell it was gunmetal, nor oak... Or even wood... Or even a light color lol.... She's one that was ride hard and put away wet lol.

Top Bottom