My First Six Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanner

1) Just some kit left over from a Rockler Class I didn’t go to - Hut Crystal Coat
2) 7MM Aqua / Blue Swirl - Ti - Novus #2
3) Blue w/ White Swirl Lines - Chrome - MM 12,000 - Novus #2
4) Pearl Violet Cigar - Chrome - MM 12,000 - Novus #2
5) Fire Red Cigar - Gold - MM 12,000 - Novus #2 - Hut Ultra High Gloss
6) Pearl Violet Euro - Ti - MM 12,000 - Novus #2 - Ultra High Gloss

Thanks for looking, I'm just learning this trade. That last one, the Euro, I had to put a tenon in it. I've never even used that word before. I was worried as the directions gave all the dimension sizes and I don't even have one of those digital calipers. I'm getting one though. I took the waist spacer out of #2 as I think it looks better without it and just leave the ribs there. I left the belly out of the Euro on purpose just see something different.

My picture taking is really bad. I can even see myself and light reflection in those middle chrome nibs. I can't figure out where to put the lights. I keep seeing two shine lines with two lights. I'm just using a white sheet over a PVC box I made. My camera is a Cyber Shot 5.1. I had it on Macro. I tried the white balance at the incandescent level, however the picture came out all blue looking.

I'm having fun and have learned a lot from everyone on this forum. So, thank you all for everything I have learned so far and thanks in advance for everything I'm going to learn from you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fangar

Pens look great...

I would have to say that your photography has some serious potential. I think it looks great. Better than most.

Fangar

gerryr

They all look good, the cigars in particular, and the photo is also very good. The only comments I would make is that the Euro looks a little to straight bushing to bushing, but that's probably because I have a preference for some gentle curves and a bit more fullness on Euros.

As far as the white balance goes, see if your camera has a "custom" setting. Mine does and I love it. I just put a piece of white paper in the light so it fills the frame, and "set" it. After that, I can use the "custom recall" and to get it back.

Tanner

I know what you mean about the Euro being too straight. I don't like the straight barrel either. It was just something I wanted to try, to see what it looked like.

You're right about the white balance. I just never realized a person had to put a piece of white paper or grey to set those colors. I'm even learning how to be a better photographer from people here. It's like school all over again. I love learning new things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom