My first Sierra Watch Parts pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

Hi Folks,

I have not been turning for some time, owing to my lack of mood really, as my mom passed away on Dec 26th, Boxing day. I had promised Mark that I would get the IAP collection pens ready, so I did that first. Now I am slowly getting back into it. Here is my first watch parts pen, I bought the blank from Classic Nibs. I really liked them, and have ordered more! Its finished with CA and buffed with white diamond. Microcrystalline wax to finish up. C &C welcome and appreciated.

Cheers,
Sean

Attachments

• WPP Sierra 1.jpg
    WPP Sierra 1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 272
  • WPP Sierra 2.jpg
    WPP Sierra 2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 230
  • WPP Sierra 3.jpg
    WPP Sierra 3.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 263
  • WPP Sierra 4.jpg
    WPP Sierra 4.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 242
  • WPP Sierra 6.jpg
    WPP Sierra 6.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 228
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Beautiful pen ! The blank looks really great on that particular Sierra (BlkTi/Rhod ??).

Sorry to hear you lost your Mom recently .... sincere condolences.

OZturner

Great to see you back in Harness Sean, we fully understand, but still have missed you.
I see what you mean about the Blank from Exotics, it is Superb, as is your Fit and Finish.
Kindest regards,
Brian.

BSea

1st off, I'm sorry about your Mom. That has to be hard.

I do have a question about the pen. Why did you use a CA finish? While I've never done a watch part pen, I thought they were cast in PR or alumilite, and would only need to be sanded through the MM pads then buffed.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Sean, so sorry for your loss we'll keep you in our prayers. The pen looks great, your pairing with the kit couldn't be better. Top notch work.

OKLAHOMAN

Sean, Dee and I send our condolences on the loss of your Mom. Turning pens will is something you do so well I hope it speeds your healing process.
You always seem to take our blanks to the next level, bravo once again.

wob50

Great job on the pen, its five o'clock somewhere at least I think that is on your pen picture 4

Sorry to hear of your loss my thoughts and prayers are with you .

tgsean

Just wanted to say thank you for all your thoughts, wishes and prayers. I did want to answer a few questions. Yes it is black titanium and rhodium, so the upgrade sierra kit. Second is why did I use CA finish. Well to be honest, I've tried not using a finish on the PR resin and the Alumlite pens, and I find that putting on a finish seems to increase the depth as you look at the pen. Secondly it seems to provide some protection when the pen is dropped. Well these may or may not be valid reasons, but for me I like the pen better knowing that its got my 20 coats of finish. Hope that makes sense.

Top Bottom