My First Serpentine

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drewboy22

Drewboy22

Thanks to Ed and Dawn at Exotic blanks, I bit the bullet and tried my first expensive blank and a new pen style for me. Looks like they will be getting even more of my money :wink:

This is an Ellipse Pen/Stylus with Gold Ti and Black Chrome and the blank is a Serpentine with Maple, Jatoba and Walnut. Hope you like :)

20160420_160115_resized_zpsc0hrs1gx.jpg

20160420_160106_resized_zpslvxxhs6z.jpg

My thoughts: I like the way the blank came out and I love the pen style. However, I think the Maple is too light for the black chrome and think the blank would be better suited for Chrome kit.

As Always, your C&C are welcome

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

flyitfast

Great looking pen Drew!
I think the black chrome with light colored blank help to set each other apart but also complement each other.
Look forward to seeing it at the next meeting.
Gordon

mecompco

I like the blank and the finish. However, and since you asked for C&C, I think it looks a bit "pregnant". Sometimes a little belly is a good thing, but in this case I think more of a bushing-to-bushing profile would be an improvement. Just my opinion, since you asked for it.

Regards,
Michael

Drewboy22

I like the blank and the finish. However, and since you asked for C&C, I think it looks a bit "pregnant". Sometimes a little belly is a good thing, but in this case I think more of a bushing-to-bushing profile would be an improvement. Just my opinion, since you asked for it.

Regards,
Michael

Lol, I know what you mean and thought close to the same thing.

Thanks for the comment

Top Bottom