My First segmented pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ugrad

ugrad

It is a very simple attempt and it was more about seeing whether or not my gluing and drilling process were good enough, before I attempted something less simple. I didn't even use contrasting wood. It's Burr Elm, dyed with red mahogany spirit dye, on a Jnr.Gent 24k.

All criticism welcomed.

Regards
Peter

B_Elm_seg_JG_4.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
That is a very nice first try. Love that wood and the segments came out really well. Please post it up in the no comments thread so we can track your progress. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

ChrisN

That's a very nice pen! I normally don't care for the black threads on Jr. Gent 1's, but on this pen everything fits together beautifully. Great job!

Jim Burr

Banned
Wow!! Peter...you sure rocked that one!! My only suggestion is to make a custom finial for those. Do one (Library info) and they are easy!! Very well done! By the way...If it has Burr in the name, it's mine :biggrin::wink:

BKelley

You did a great job on the segmenting. The wood is great looking as is the craftsmanship. Also not to be overlooked is your skill at photography.

Ben

ugrad

Wow!! Peter...you sure rocked that one!! My only suggestion is to make a custom finial for those. Do one (Library info) and they are easy!! Very well done! By the way...If it has Burr in the name, it's mine :biggrin::wink:

Thanks Jim, a custom finial didn't cross my mind until I was photographing it and thought it might look okay. I will get round to doing finials, it's on the to do list, I think it's on the 5th or 6th page :biggrin:

regards
Peter

ugrad

You did a great job on the segmenting. The wood is great looking as is the craftsmanship. Also not to be overlooked is your skill at photography.

Ben

Thank you Ben, I have taken a few pics over the years, I like to keep it simple.

regards
Peter

Top Bottom