My first segmented blank pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Paladin

Paladin

I finally got this pen turned and finished. Cigar from Exotic Blanks, finished with Doctors Woodshop.

136534466.jpg

136534467.jpg

136534468.jpg

136534465.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pentatonik

The finish looks great. I tried doing a segmented pen recently and failed miserably. For your first one this is really good. However, the pen looks really busy. With so much going on it's hard for me to focus on the beauty of the materials you used. Don't get me wrong because it's a very nice pen (way better than my attempt), but maybe use a little less segmenting next time. I don't know, it's just my opinion. Keep up the good work! I am jealous of that pen and I wish I could turn one that nice.

Paladin

The finish looks great. I tried doing a segmented pen recently and failed miserably. For your first one this is really good. However, the pen looks really busy. With so much going on it's hard for me to focus on the beauty of the materials you used. Don't get me wrong because it's a very nice pen (way better than my attempt), but maybe use a little less segmenting next time. I don't know, it's just my opinion. Keep up the good work! I am jealous of that pen and I wish I could turn one that nice.

I have agree, it is a little busy. I guess I went kinda crazy with the segmenting.

By the way, when I say it is my first one, I mean my first one to actually make it to a finished pen. My shop floor is littered with pieces of blown up blanks. The aluminum roof flashing that I incorporated into the blank makes a nice spot to delaminate.

I love the new finish, thanks.

Top Bottom