My first, second and third attempts at knots

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Nate Davey

Nate Davey

In the first picture (Purple Heart and Osage Orange)is my third attempt. In the second picture, the top pencil (Madrone and Maple) was my first attempt at segments and celtic knots. The bottom pen (Palawan and Maple) was second attempt. The third pic is Walnut and Osage Orange. I'm still experimenting with shapes and different jig, I got a little tired of turning wooden straws. :wink: I'm still figuring out finishing and need to get some finer grits of sanding media as the finest I have is 600 grit before going to EEE. All constructive criticism and advice gladly excepted.

Attachments

• Purple Heart and Osage Orange.jpg
    Purple Heart and Osage Orange.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 241
  • P1010017.jpg
    P1010017.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 248
  • P1010088.jpg
    P1010088.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 259
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Great start, Here is a link http://woodnwhimsies.com/facces.html scroll down to the micro mesh sampler pack at $11.95 that will get you where you need to go as you finishing skills and techniques improve. I rarely sand wood past 800 grit although I have reg grits up to 2,000. at 600 you can switch over to the 4,000 grit range of the Micro mesh as you apply other finishes. C/A, poly, lacquers, plexi, etc. Great work and progress.

Top Bottom