My first and second pens!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from driften

Status
Not open for further replies.

driften

I just compleated my first two pens last night. As expected the second one came out better then the first. They are both Bocote built on the Hart double twist ballpoint from woodcraft.

They were finished with Bulls Eye French Polish as a friction polish.

Pen 1
1stPen-1.jpg

Pen 2
2ndPen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

driften

Yea first pens ever.. and the first things I have made on the lathe. I had my first turning lesson last week.

I have been reading the posts here and on the yahoo pen turning group for a few weeks now. I also read Christensen and Burningham's book. I guess it paid off. I expected to mess up the first one but it did not come out so bad the second one was even better.

I am so excited! I just had to show them to someone :)

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
WOOOO HEEEEEE... fantastic first pens... a whole lot better looking than my first ones... I know because they are sitting on my desk as a reminder.. You picked a nice looking kit to start with... I have not done that one yet.. what refil does it take...

driften

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />You picked a nice looking kit to start with... I have not done that one yet.. what refil does it take...

This kit uses a Parker refil. Its a real nice double twist setup. Very smooth action. Its easy since there is no tenon to be cut. I did real well in picking my first kit. In this kit the centerband is pressed into the bottom of the pen and the top screws into the centerband for changing the refil. The final is a screw on type also. In the future I want to build pens that allow me to make my own finals that screws on like that.

I am not sure what kits I will use for the next ones. On ballpoints I really want to stick to Parker refil ones since I like the way they write better then cross refils. I need to make a fountan pen soon also for the wife [:)]

I am just so happy that I could make something that looks this nice.

Brent

Jeff,you did a very good job on your first pens. Know put them in a display case and keep them for your self. A year are so from know you will be glad you did

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom