My first and second ebonite pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from marian

marian

This is my first attempt with ebonite.

First pen is flat top made from solid black ebonite. The clip is chrome plated and cap band is solid silver. Filling system - c/c.

Second one is made from mottled cumberland ebonite with black inserts. I was trying to line all the pattern (cap top - cap, cap – barrel, barrel – blind cap). I'm quite happy with the results, but it is prototype and probably some things can be do better. Bands also are solid silver. Filling system -bulb filler.

At the moment I'm looking for a local jeweler which make for me custom silver clips.

I'm still learning so thank you for your opinion (good and bad), and sorry for pour quality of photos.

20150324_201448-973x488.jpg

20150324_201528-1024x554.jpg

20150322_154549.jpg

41-1024x523.jpg

For more photos please check my website:

Example realizations | Przemys

best regards
Przemek

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bryguy

Question on the bulb filler. Do you coat the inside ov the barrel with anything, or does the ebonite hold the ink without chemical reaction?

marian

Thank you for your comments! It is my first try with ebonite, not in pens generally. I've made several pens before.

Question on the bulb filler. Do you coat the inside ov the barrel with anything, or does the ebonite hold the ink without chemical reaction?

It is made only from ebonite. This material is quite robust and ink does not affect on it.

Regards from Poland :)
Marian

Top Bottom