My first "Real" Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akingkubo

akingkubo

This is my first successful Cigar pen (second attempt). I followed the instructions of Bill Bettag (thanks Bill!) on a realistic cigar pen. It was not easy and I recruited my husband to help me with this. I used Koa wood (from a last blank swap I joined) and buckeye burl for the ash end. I was tempted to enter this on the free style pen contest but it's really not an original and I am too new to have any imagination so here I am. :biggrin:
Maria~

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

That's really neat !! Looks like a rollerball. Which kit did you get the parts from ? What is Bill's username here on IAP ? I'd like to try to find his instructions if they are posted here.

akingkubo

Thanks ya'll!
Mal, I used the El Grande pen kit from Woodcraft since that's the only one I have available at that time. I think Bill is AKA Wood butcher! The greatest challenge we had was making sure we squared the two ends exactly so they will not be crooked and meet together without any gaps. I made two. I was wanting a label that say "Smoking Kills Period" (to give to my stepson)

I also found you can create your own cigar labels (labels online). Their price is kinda steep so I only ordered one set. I'll post this later cause I have not reduced the size yet.

Next project: Casting! IAP is an awesome site to learn! :biggrin:

Last edited:

magpens

Thanks for the info, Maria.

There is a person, Donald Fontaine, who makes and sells pen blanks with genuine cigar labels cast into them. I think he has an IAP name and I'll try to find it if you are interested.

Top Bottom