My first productive use of a credit card

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mach9

mach9

My first try at segmenting with a credit card. Not perfect. I cut the grooves with my ratty band saw. The next one will be done with a scroll saw. The customer wanted a really thin pen, but I couldn't make myself turn it completely straight, so it's got about .025" barrel shape to it. Gun metal hardware. Comments, good or bad are appreciated.
IMG_1080.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Looks good to me!
Fit an finsih are really good too!

Maybe try and extra light when taking the picture to try and get rid if the glare line down the middle of the pen.

Andrew

Andrew Arndts

My first try at segmenting with a credit card. Not perfect. I cut the grooves with my ratty band saw. The next one will be done with a scroll saw. The customer wanted a really thin pen, but I couldn't make myself turn it completely straight, so it's got about .025" barrel shape to it. Gun metal hardware. Comments, good or bad are appreciated.
IMG_1080.jpg

Actually, with all do respect, try with a miter hand saw set up. scroll saw for me was too squirrelly. I might not have the tension right too, but...

At any rate, the pen is very nice... great idea!

ctubbs

I have to agree with Andrew on the scroll saw. I never thought of going only half way through the blank at a time then coming back from the other side to get that remarkable V shape. Way cool! That is one good looking pen you have there. Congratulations.
Charles

Top Bottom