My first post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bobalouie76

bobalouie76

Well I am new to pen turning & am thouroughly enjoying it. I started with the slimlines that came with the starter kit from Woodcraft. When those were finished I moved on to a few other kits. Let me know what you think, I know my photography can use some work.....

Attachments

• phpaD59CaPM.jpg
    phpaD59CaPM.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 350
  • phpZ0XRfgPM.jpg
    phpZ0XRfgPM.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 370
  • phpFtKbaaPM.jpg
    phpFtKbaaPM.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 367
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobalouie76

I went to a hobby shop with the intent of getting somw sheet brass and aluminum. They didnt have any aluminum but they did have tin so I got that instead.

I had asked a few people on this site about what they used and where they got it. As usual I got some excellent advise. I didnt think it would turn easily but to my surprise it does. I havent had any issues with blanks blowing up, just using thick ca to glue assemble them. Granted I take very small cuts with each pass for a couple reasons. ! I dont want the blanks to blow up & 2 I enjoy turning, the longer it takes the better in my opinion. If times were not so tough and I had the extra cash to go and order or pick up blanks and kits every week or so I might go faster but for now I guess I am just taking my time and having fun.

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome and comments.

RAdams

Banned
NICE WORK! Beautiful segmenting! Welcome to IAP!!! Keep the pics coming!!

bobalouie76

Had a chance to turn a couple more pens, and fix one of the ones I posted earlier. Coments and suggestions welcomed as always.

Attachments

• phpsunTc3PM.jpg
    phpsunTc3PM.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 114
  • phpyPwlyvPM.jpg
    phpyPwlyvPM.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 107
  • phprfM8ZtPM.jpg
    phprfM8ZtPM.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 115
Top Bottom