My first post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pgmorjal

pgmorjal

I joined IAP this year and this is my first post. I am a member of the Chicagoland Pen Turners Club. I have been turning for two years and our club had a contest at our December meeting during which the members vote for their favorite pen. I am pleased to say that my entry came in second place and I just wanted to share it (at the encouragement of my fellow club members), with all the IAP members, from whom I have gotten inspiration and many fine tips to allow me to enjoy my hobby to the fullest.

It is simply a modified Shock Absorber Pen Kit, made to look like a spark plug. It is fully functional and actually not that bad to write with. Total cost to make was less than $20.00. Thank you.

Attachments

• spark plug pen 1.jpg
    spark plug pen 1.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 261
  • spark plug pen 2.jpg
    spark plug pen 2.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

More4dan

Very Cool design and flawless execution. I look forward to seeing more of your work on the forum in the years to come. I expect you will set the bar quite high. You need to. Check out the pen competition (Bash) held by the forum. This would have made a great entry in the freestyle contest.

Danny

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

leehljp

Member Liaison
Welcome Peter. Well done.

First thing I did after seeing your pen was to look at your profile. I was expecting to see "machinist" as your work. You certainly know how to do it!

Thanks for posting it and join in on the fun here at IAP!

pgmorjal

Thanks to all of you who responded with such niceties. No, not a machinist Hank. Just a recently retired landscaper with more free time now to enjoy my newly found hobby as well as my grandchildren. And Danny, I will check out that Bash competition. Thanks again.

Chief TomaToe

Thanks to all of you who responded with such niceties. No, not a machinist Hank. Just a recently retired landscaper with more free time now to enjoy my newly found hobby as well as my grandchildren. And Danny, I will check out that Bash competition. Thanks again.

Please do! You can find the rules for the contest here. Congratulations on the great pen!

Top Bottom