My First Poly Resin a Junior Statesman!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

With pen turners looking for new materials to turn pens from, polyester resins are the latest in a variety of materials on the scene these days. Ed Davidson was kind enough to sell me some off his castings and today I tried my first one.

I used a Craft Supply Junior Statesman kit, it seemed to compliment the turning with the right amount of detail.

My first impressions of the material are that it was easy to work with. The drilling was simple, turning was cleaner for me that acrylics and the sanding polishing process I used with Micro Mesh and Nova Phase 2 plastic polish is all that was needed.

I have several more blanks from my purchase, I will be saving them for my better kits. Ed, once again, Thank You…these look awesome!

2005626213222_IMG_1797.jpg

2005626213237_IMG_1792.jpg

2005626213251_IMG_1795.jpg

Thanks for viewing,

:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David

Hey Jim,

This is an awesome pen, I love the combination! It is almost as nice as my "Shaver" burl pen I proudly have on display!

After not turning any pens for two years, a commission for 12 was literally forced on me (my wife would not let me say no). It has been fun, but mine are no where near your level of work. Expect questions from me.

Best Regards Buddy!

David Propst

Originally posted by David
<br />Hey Jim,

This is an awesome pen, I love the combination! It is almost as nice as my "Shaver" burl pen I proudly have on display!

Hi Dave,

It's great to see you posting here, thank for the kind words about both pens. Tons of amazing talent on this site, so you know that the supportive group here is all ready to help when asked. My pen turning quality changed the day I came to this site.

melogic

Nice looking pen Jim. I have turned several Statesman and Jr Statesman, but not the first using acrylic. I can't wait to do a few now after seeing this one. Great Job!

WoodChucker

Wow, very nice looking pen! Not many blue colors I've seen that I really like, but this one is beautiful, nice work to both you and Ed!

Agin, Ed's Blanks are awesome, you really need to try them if you can. I'm not one for the fussing of making them so I feel lucky to be able to buy them. I know a few guys here are masters at this as well, You all inspire me to do better...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom