My First Poly resin castin

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gvanweerd

gvanweerd

I got a wild hair a couple of weeks ago to try my and ny wifes hand at doing some poly resin casting. I made a silicone mold (thanks to the person(s) who post the info in the library) My wife strung some Pink and Teal #15 glass beads on it. and this is IT! I think it's not bad for the first. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• first casting 003.jpg
    first casting 003.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 318
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gvanweerd

My wife used thin metal wire to string the beads on. them wraped it around one layer at a time. she would lock it inplace by weaven the wire under the row she just did. and them start the prosses again. the wire is one long strand from bottom to top of each tube.

PaulDoug

That is amazing. I was just wondering the other day is a person could make a pen with an Native American design using beads. The answer must be yes if a person possesses the talent.

Nice work.

markgum

Awesome work. Saw something like that without the cast at Woodcraft about a year ago. Been thinking about Native American Bead work also. Plenty of time to think, just no patience to sit and do things.
Great job on the pen and hope to see a 'how-to' some day.

gvanweerd

I was saying to my Wife the other day. That we should try a Native American basket pattern. I know she could do it. She is wonderful with bead work.... We shall see. Thanks for the comments.

Top Bottom