My first picture... crosscut splated maple cigar pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MarkD

MarkD

CrosscutSpaltedMapleCigarPen.jpg

This is the first picture I have posted on this site so please be kind! :)
This is a crosscut spalted maple pen I turned today. It was my first attempt at turning a spalted blank. I soaked the blank in Minwax Wood Hardener for a few days and let it dry about a week before turning it. I also applied thin CA a few times during the turning process. I then applied a CA finish.

I have learned soooo much since I joined this site and I'm looking forward to you comments and suggestions.

-Mark

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

You done good! Spalted wood is about the hardest thing I have turned to keep together. Your wood is excellent and the fit and finish is wonderful. Keep up the good work.
Charles

doughogg

Nice Work

Very nicely done especially with spatled wood. The tear out can be awful but you have controlled and mastered it beautifully.
As a fellow newcomer (or at least New Poster) to the site - Welcome. Look forward to seeing your next pen

rkimery

Passed Away May 3, 2022
In Memoriam
Great piece of art!

Do you give lessons? :RockOn: Great work!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 44464

This is the first picture I have posted on this site so please be kind! :)
This is a crosscut spalted maple pen I turned today. It was my first attempt at turning a spalted blank. I soaked the blank in Minwax Wood Hardener for a few days and let it dry about a week before turning it. I also applied thin CA a few times during the turning process. I then applied a CA finish.

I have learned soooo much since I joined this site and I'm looking forward to you comments and suggestions.

-Mark

Top Bottom