My first pens for the F.P.P.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KKingery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKingery

Here are my first 2 pens I've made for the Freedom Pen Project. These are also the first Corian pens I've tried. Have a look and I hope you like what you see. More importantly, I hope you like what these pens represent.

Here is the first one.

2005710214622_FPP%201st.jpg

Here is the 2nd one.

2005710214649_FPP%202nd.jpg

Anyway, I know I have'nt posted many pics lately, but hope to have a bit more time in the future. Thanks again for having a look.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Ken, these look great! Is this Corian you got from Sawmill Creek? The Red and White laminations look cool, although I'm more partial to the top one simply because it looks more like the flag - the bottom one kind of looks like a barber pole in a way (no offense!). Regardless of my personal opinion-based critique (which means it isn't worth much at all!), I'm sure they will both be very much appreciated!

Gary Max

I wish you would just stop posting these pics. Heck I am already so far behind that I will never catch up---I would love to have some time to give this a try---Those are great looking pens for one of my favorite causes.

KKingery

Jim, yes - the corian was from Sawmill creek. I sent off for it months ago, and had really about given up hope that it would ever arrive. No offense taken on the "barber pole". I was kinda going for the "waving flag" look. Thanks for all the comments!

rduncan

I'm just now sending my first 20 pens in. I'd say about 1/2 of them were using the Corian from SawMill Creek. I hope you don't mind but can I use your examples as a "template" for others I plan to make (for FPP of course)?

Rick

bmac

Great looking pens Ken. And thanks for the support of the FPP. I got involved with them shortly after the idea was presented and I think its a very worthwile project. I just wish Louisiana had a woodworking store to sponsor a turn-a-thon. Most of the ones that are done in other states, I'm usually working or it's too far to go on my days off.

Bobby
Louisiana

KKingery

Well, it's taken me alot longer than what I had hoped to get these first two done. I have a third one cut and on the lathe ready to turn (same pattern as pen no. 1). I just wish it was'nt so dang hot & humid. Makes it miserable to work in the garage.

elody21

The FFP pens look great! We are having a turning day a woodcraft in Oct. I am getting about 30 or more corian red white and blue slimlines ready so I can spend the day just turning FFP Pens. I'll be sure and post the results!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom