My First Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BrianM

BrianM

Just starting in this hobby and thought I would share my work so far.

This is my latest pen (#3) not sure of the wood type since it was from a grab bag at WoodCraft. Finished with clear friction polish and has gun metal gray hardware.

IMG_8609.jpg

My first two practice pens using wood from Lowes can be seen here http://goo.gl/aa64E

thanks for looking
-Brian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

firewhatfire

the grab bags usually have a list of woods in them. I think they have 3 different bags to chose from. may be able to figure it out from there. the one a friend of mine bought had 2 of each piece listed and few exotic pieces also.

Phil

Drstrangefart

I like the line "I used something cheap because I didn't want to screw anything nice up". I've been guilty of the same thing. Now I use primarily different interesting pieces of wood I find at work. Looks like you nailed the 3rd one. The other two are still quite good, and you can see the progress already. Wait until you find PR and acrylic:devil::devil:.....

BrianM

Here is my latest creation, Pen 4.

Pen #4 started life as pen #3 but when it had a blow out, I had to glue it back together. While waiting for the epoxy to cure overnight, I started on another which became pen #3.

As with the earlier one, I'm not sure what type of wood this is. It was HARD and took forever to turn with all the knots and snarls.

IMG_8611.JPG

Top Bottom