My First Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brookswife803

brookswife803

Here are some very amaturish photos of my very amaturish pens. These were so very fun to make and I know I will keep them forever since they were my first. Sorry about the photo quality everyone its the best I could do. Any tips on photographing pens to avoid excessive shine, so much that you can't see the details of the pens? Thanks a bunch and any critiques or ways to make them better would be appreciated. :)

Attachments

• Shea's First Acrylic.jpg
    Shea's First Acrylic.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Shea's First Acrylic II.jpg
    Shea's First Acrylic II.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 225
  • Shea's First Pen.jpg
    Shea's First Pen.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 218
  • Shea's First Pen II.jpg
    Shea's First Pen II.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 144
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Elizabeth,

You are off to a great start.:good: Your firsts sure do look a lot better that my firsts!!:eek: I am normally not one for lots of beads and coves in pens, especially slimlines but yours are very nice.

I stink a photography also, and I have a very cheap camera. I found that just shooting outside in the sunlight really makes for better pictures. Remember, we are a group of penturners, not photographers. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

fiferb

Your pens look great. Be sure to hang on to them. After you turn a few more and get some additional experience, go back and look at them. You'll be amazed at how far and fast you'll progress. You're off to a great start already.

hewunch

I had the privilege of teaching these two yesterday (acrylic pen). And I have got to say that her pen was down right AWESOME for having only been turning for 24... HOURS! Welcome to you! Let me know if I can help you out in any way.
Hans

markgum

your on your way. Great work. and keep practicing. turning and photo skills seem to go hand in hand around here.
Welcome to the fun.

gaeast54

Welcome and nice job!

Welcome to a wonderful site as this. Lots of nice folks and knowledge. Very nice job Elizabeth.

mickr

welcome..I think the photography is just fine & the pens are terrific for a first timer...keep sharing your progress with us

bitshird

Elizabeth Welcome to the insanity, and those are some nice looking pens, You also had a pretty darned good teacher, once in a while he can turn a nice pen himself:biggrin::biggrin:

brookswife803

Thank you all for your warm welcomes and a BIG thank you to Hans. I'm really proud of my acrylic pen and the whole WoodZone staff just makes you feel right at home and doesn't laugh at your silly amature questions. That might be because they know this stuff is addictive and if they get us started we'll be coming back to buy all kinds of stuff. :) That's okay, the art sells itself. Hans did have some VERY nice pens including one certain Purple pen that might just go missing the next time I see him. LOVED the hidden look and want to know how it's done. Anyhow, thank you all and again if you see something that I should work on with these pens please feel free to let me know and Thanks to all of you.

hewunch

Did you folks see what she does for a living? She is a welder. HOW COOL IS THAT! Seriously her first stuff is so good, I am sure some folks will be looking up to her in the near future. And Shea, I hope next month to do a totally custom clip and I think you will be able to identify the material. Hope to see you and Jonathan at the meeting on the 3rd of Oct.

Top Bottom