My First Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithlong

keithlong

Here are the first 5 pens that I have turned. From left to right, the first one is made from rose wood that came with the starter kit, next is a pen and pencil set that I made for my wife out of black walnut, next is one made out of red cedar, and the last one is a wallstreet II with also out of walnut. All the slimlines I left a little proud just to see how they look and feel. I really enjoy experimenting with different woods. I also turned the wall street between centers and I may do all my pens in the future this way. I will have to order some bushings for the slimlines to do between centers. I have really had fun showing off these starter pens. You will notice that I did not polish them, my wife likes the satin look. I did do the CA/BLO finish on all of them and I really like that finish. Thanks for all your tips and I would appreciate any and all comments. Thanks, Keith

DSCF0308.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Very nice pens. my first one didnt look that good but as everyone says Keep the first on so you can reference back to the beginning and see your improvement.

Top Bottom