My first pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from HiTekRedNek

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTekRedNek

These are the second and third pens that I've turned and the first attempt at a CA finish on the Padauk. That being said, they are also the second and third items that I have ever turned. Comments are welcome and appreciated.

Oh, and the other thing is that I turned these on a drill press.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveRoberts

Originally posted by HiTekRedNek
<br />These are the second and third pens that I've turned and the first attempt at a CA finish on the Padauk. That being said, they are also the second and third items that I have ever turned. Comments are welcome and appreciated.

Oh, and the other thing is that I turned these on a drill press.
On a DP?.. you have way more patience than I do.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Hugh,

Very nice start. I read a bunch about using the dp to turn a pen, but stumbled into a good deal on a used lathe and never tried it. It's good to see how nice it can turn out.

JimGo

Nice job! The finish on the Padauk looks pretty good, especially for a first time.

Next time, try cropping the picture to just the pens, this way we can see them in more detail, rather than just the desk.

OSCAR15

Nice Job! If you decide to do this regularly, break down and get a lathe....For pens and other small items, a Jet (non-variable speed) costs bout 150 bucks and it will be money well spent. Oscar....AWESOME FIRST PENS.....[:D]

airrat

Nice job, I have seen the DP method. Kinda interesting. Get a little closer with the camera so we can see the pens better. Look into the photo forum for different inexpensive photo booths and what to do and not do.

Keep your eye out for good deals on used lathes. I know of one that was for sale here in phx. A Delta for $150 (if I remember correctly, my mind is going)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom