My first pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kentonjm

kentonjm

Been experimenting with some ballpoint kits from psi. Have a bunch of craft supply usa rollerballs on their way. Getting sizes just right to allow for sanding and finishing is tricky. Also trying to settle on a preferred finishing technique. There are so many but thus far quite like the blo ca approach. Seems to work best with thin as medium gives odd results.

28191458096_42577fb958_b.jpg

27944623800_c168ff0cb7_b.jpg

28121459302_16ec388b0a_b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mecompco

Those look pretty good for your first ones! Might I respectfully suggest giving some thought to the "pregnant" look and see if your eyes actually like it. It's just my opinion, but Slims ought to be slim. There are plenty of lager pens to make, if that's what one wants. A larger Slim is easily made by using a Comfort bushing and center band if you wish to stay with the 7mm platform. In any case, keep up the good work.

Regards,
Michael

kentonjm

Thanks for looking and the encouragement.

Michael, all feedback and suggestions are welcomed. How can we improve without the input of others.I have some more slimline kits on their way and will try some straighter profiles. A couple of these first pens are actually comfort kits,one with and one without the rubber grip (don't really lIke the grips). Was that what you meant about using comfort bushings or did you mean using comfort bushings with slimline kits. If the latter where do you get just the larger comfort center bands?

lhowell

Nice job for your first pens! I would suggest on pens with heavy grain pattern and blanks like the spectraply to line up your grain so that it flows continuous from top to bottom. Just one of those little finish details that usually only you and other pen turners will pick up on but it gives the pen a better look IMO.

Top Bottom