my first pen post

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from emtmike

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtmike

I have only been turning pens for about 3 months now and this is the first pen I am going to show off. It’s turned from deer antler. I know I still need work on my picture taking and turning. Please be honest and let me know what you think.

2006416196_antler1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

It looks very good. The fit looks quite good and it's a nice shape. How did you finish it, looks like the antler has some sort of finish on it.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Three months?!? Wow. I'd say you've done a VERY sweet job...and the photography is better than I did for at least a year. Keep it up!

gerryr

Selling price can be kind of regional. There are a couple of common formulas that a lot of people here use. One is 3-4 times the cost of materials. The other is 2 times the cost of material plus $25 or more. Remember, you can always come down in price, but once you quote someone a price, it's pretty hard to raise it. Don't give it away, feel satisfied with what you get for it.

Woodnknots

Nice pen, and nice photo setup. It's better than the photographs I've taken in the past, believe me! I haven't gotten to using a straight CA finish yet. I'm screwing around with a variation of the BLO/CA finish right now. I finished one pen with it tonight, it seemed allright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom