My first pen ever!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ancwoodturnings

7287608_orig.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Looks like Lacewood...little undercut at the nib end. Try to keep slimlines slim...and I apologize if anyone is offended by this, you end up with the "fat lady" syndrome. Make a Slim, slim isn't as easy as it looks! Good lookin' first effort!

Hexhead

Nice job! I wish my first then looked that good. Your design already shows me your thinking outside the box a little trying to experiment. I've made my share of cookie-cutter pens, finally I just started turning them every which way, and had a lot of happy customers because of it.

Keep up the good work.

SDB777

Well done!!!

You'll have to keep that one for future reference.....trust me, your addicted now and it will never end.

Scott (if only I hadn't bought the lathe, I could be fishing) B

pauly99

Great job! I just showed my first 3 pens the other day and I have to say that you are light years ahead of my first pen. It is fun playing with the shapes of the pens and learning to turn (trying my first acrylic now).
How did the finishing go for you? What did you use to finish?

McBryde

Nice job Adam. I wish my first looked that good!

Fit issues will come with time and practice, as well a finish issues. I can see lines in the pen finish that go around the barrells. Be sure to sand with the grain of the wood when you are sanding with each grain of the sandpaper, or those lines will stay in the wood and the ca finish. That is a tip that has helped me along the way, and hopefully will help you as well.

E

Tom T

Nice pen, I made two slim line last week as some co-workers wanted slims.
Keep it up. Now you will have to number each post. First pen, second pen, third pen etc.
Can't wait to see number two.

Talfalfa33

Nice looking for your first, give it just a short few and you'll catch things yourself and think,( how can I make this different or better). Also you'll start seeing the wood and visually seeing how it's going to end up. But GREAT start, and keep going.

swanny70

From one newbie to another...make sure when you are turning wood, don't turn the wood down to the bushings. Sand down to the bushings. Nice job for your first pen. Oh, I always us my digital caliper to measure my pen parts. Then I make sure to match the blank to the pen parts.

Top Bottom