My First Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Karate Doc

Karate Doc

Hello Everyone!

I really wanted to have a nice writing instrument that I could take pride in and decided that I would build it myself.

Well I finally had time to start and finish my first pen and here it is. It is a Berea Cambridge Rollerball in Wild Horse Jasper. I sanded it it 320 then used a Meguiers headlight kit I had laying around that used 4 different sanding pads. Then I polished it using a plastics polishing cloth and Novus #2 and then #1 afterwards.

Overall I think it came out pretty good.

I took a few pictures for you to see.

I will have a to build one for the wife next.

Attachments

• 1st pen 001.jpg
    1st pen 001.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 278
  • 1st pen 004.jpg
    1st pen 004.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 233
  • 1st pen 005.jpg
    1st pen 005.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
You didn't even replace the black ring with a custom Tru-stone piece. Slacker. :)

Just kidding. That's a beautiful pen, and is simply awesome for a first.

Lenny

Not only a great first pen ... a great pen by any number! :)

I really like the combination! The Cambridge, (with the dreaded black ring), :wink: is a perfect match with the Wild Horse Jasper, making the black ring an accent rather than a distraction! WELL DONE!

MartinPens

Congrats on a classy first pen. You are well on your way. If you want to get rid of that black band, head on over to Timberbits and get a few Roman Harvest sets. Thanks for sharing it.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

ghostrider

Nice looking pen, and especially for a first. The Cambridge is a bold step up from what most people start with. I personally have taken a liking to that pen, and have long liked the Wild Horse Jasper. I'm not the biggest fan of white pens, but for some reason that blank just grabs me.

Top Bottom