My first pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mainiac

mainiac

Well, I finally was able to produce my first pen. Thanks to Mike Broberg for helping me through it. It's not too bad for the first one.
Thanks Mike

Dick

Attachments

• Dick's 1st pen.jpg
    Dick's 1st pen.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 353
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Dick handled his Woodchuck like a pro. He did all the turning and sanding. I suspect we will be seeing bunches of fine pens from him in the future.

Gagler

Very nice job, and 1000% better than my first! Hang on to this one and never give it away, and look back at it after a couple of years.

mainiac

Thank you for all your kind remarks on this pen. Mike Broberg deserves the credit for quiding me through it, so I wouldn't mess it up. Now that I have the bug, I have to see what will be my next pen. Your right, I will keep this one, but the next one will be for the little lady to keep her happy. Thank you all and thank you Mike.

Dick

ROOKIETURNER

Looks great for your first pen. It always helps to have someone to walk you through the steps and give you some tips and tricks.

Just a few things I see. I am not sure if it is the pic or not, but he top looks to be a little overturned. Also, it is nice when you list the kit, pen blank material and finish on the first post. I am guessing Lacewood?

Keep them coming!

Rob

mainiac

I think the kit is a Slimline and your right as to Lacewood. Not sure what kind of wood it is. As for finish, CA & BLO and final buffering with Carnuba wax and a couple of others. I'll pay more attention next time.

Dick

Top Bottom