my first pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from j.d.sackett

j.d.sackett

well here it is. made from a piece of 1/2" aluminum round stock. looked all over town for a pen kit, couldnt find one and didnt want to wait for a mail order one, so went and got a refill and built the pen around it. nothing fancy, my first attempt. tip is fixed, no transmission. the refill threads into the bottom of the barrel, the cap is machined to hold it so it cant twist out. sorry about the crappy photos, not very good at taking pictures. want to thank you fellas for all the xlnt info on this site. regards, j.d.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
WOW! Thats one heck of a FIRST PEN. I like your simple yet unique style. It takes a lot of talent to be able to build a pen around the refill - from the inside out. It is certainly beyond my abilities! Congrats!

And welcome!

j.d.sackett

thanks for the kind words. very nice of you. it was more time consuming than difficult really, but you do have to pay attention. drilling the hole in the lower barrel was the hardest thing to do. too deep and you have a paperweight, lol. i have a stick of 1/2" brass i think ill play with next. thanks again. regards, j.d.

USAFVET98

Nice job, especially for your first pen.. IS that first aluminum, or first pen all together?

As far as the brass, wear gloves, it gets real hot. Looking forward to seeing your next creation..

Top Bottom