My first pen in 2 months !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from G1Pens

G1Pens

Two months ago I started on this pen. When I drilled out the blank, the cap section cracked. At the time I posted asking advice. The consensus was to toss the blank as the crack would show in the lucite. One person sent me a PM and suggested I tried some CA. I figured what the heck. It worked and I turnd the cap and no crack is noticeable....then the project and my pen turning in general kind of just set there for a couple months. Today I decided to finish it up. I am pretty happy with the outcome.

This is a Majestic Jr in Rhodium and Black Ti. The body is Lucite in Black Rose.

It really felt good to get a pen done after a couple of months of no activity !!

Attachments

• IMG_8631a-web.jpg
    IMG_8631a-web.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_8633a-web.jpg
    IMG_8633a-web.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_8635a-web.jpg
    IMG_8635a-web.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_8634a-web.jpg
    IMG_8634a-web.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_8637a-web.jpg
    IMG_8637a-web.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 123

wizard

Gary, That's a gorgeous pen! Very regal looking! The blank and components go well together. Glad you're back.. finished and showed! Doc:)

plantman

:):) Gary; Great job on the pen !! I know how you feel. There are days when nothing seems to be going right. On these days I can go into the shop and make something out of nothing, sit back and look at it, and say I made this. It makes you feel good about yourself and the world around you. If something isn't going correctly don't be afraid to ask the members of this site. We have probably had the same problem at one time or another, and someone will have an answer to solve it. Keep turning, it's good for the mind and the soul. Jim S

Top Bottom