My first Pen!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Aces-High

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

An Interesting Pen Jason.
Attractive Blank, Nicely Finished.
You have had the First Pen Jitters, where you were Hesitant to turn the Blank to the Diameter of the Bushes at the Nib and Clip end of the Pen.
The Bushes available for each Style of Pen have the correct Diameter for the Nose Cone and Clip end Diameter, so if you turn to a fraction larger than the Bushes, you can then Sand the Blank to the Bush Diameter, or a fraction more, depending what you are going to use for the Finish.
If you are going to use CA Glue then each coat will build up the Diameter to compensate for the amount you have Over Turned.
I suggest that you keep this Pen, and use it as a Reference and Gauge over the Coming Weeks, Months and Years, to monitor your Progress.
I look forward to seeing more of your Pens shortly,
Congratulations,
Brian.

Last edited:

Aces-High

An Interesting Pen Jason.
Attractive Blank, Nicely Finished.
You have had the First Pen Jitters, where you were Hesitant to turn the Blank to the Diameter of the Bushes at the Nib and Clip end of the Pen.
The Bushes available for each Style of Pen have the correct Diameter for the Nose Cone and Clip end Diameter, so if you turn to a fraction larger than the Bushes, you can then Sand the Blank to the Bush Diameter, or a fraction more, depending what you are going to use for the Finish.
If you are going to use CA Glue then each coat will build up the Diameter to compensate for the amount you have Over Turned.
I suggest that you keep this Pen, and use it as a Reference and Gauge over the Coming Weeks, Months and Years, to monitor your Progress.
I look forward to seeing more of your Pens shortly,
Congratulations,
Brian.

Thanks so much Brian! I love the advice.

Jason

Top Bottom