My first pen!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jamesbil

jamesbil

First step was to come up with a squaring jig...

20150505_215556.jpg

Pen is a Sierra in Chrome and Trivalent Chrome from Timberbits. Blank is Zebrano.

20150505_215837.jpg
20150505_215854.jpg

I know, terrible pics. Something I need to work on..
Turned with a roughing gouge and a scraper tool, sanded to 3500, finished with a hard French wax.

The refil wont go all the way back in when twisted, last 1/4 twist does nothing but it will push in. Ideas?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Great work !!! Looks good !!!

The refill could be catching on retraction. I would try opening the nib hole just a tad with a small drill bit ... or even poke into the hole with an unbent paper clip or similar piece of wire.

jaeger

The refil wont go all the way back in when twisted, last 1/4 twist does nothing but it will push in. Ideas?

Do you have another identical kit you can check to see if everything is fitting properly?
I had a popular kit that the tranny's were to tight. The vendor knew about this, once I contacted them I received replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

csr67

Wow, very nice first pen! My first pen was a Slim Line (bad idea). It turned out okay, but I hate the small size of the slims....

mecompco

That is a great looking pen! I'm still making slims (now up to six done, so learning a lot of things NOT to do). Keep up the great work.

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom