My First Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Hello Everyone
Here is the very first pen I ever made and what made me want to do more. I made this pen at The woodworking Show in the DC area about 3 years ago. I'm not sure what kind of wood it is but I think it might be bubinga, maybe someone might tell me for sure. I know it looks a bit rough as it's been bouncing around in Evelyn's purse for the last three years and used a good deal. I'm hoping to be showing off some more in the coming months. Any and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 242
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Nice Dan! I'd encourage you to move beyond the Fat-Lady slim. You can choose a wider kit, or make your own centerband and ditch the one in the slim kit.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Jim I know now that there are kiks to make bigger or fatter pens. At the time I just wanted to make a pen for my wife (Evelyn) she need to use a pen with a bigger lower barrel so that why this pen is made like it is. Oh and with a fat pen like this there us less saw dust and chips on the floor.

SDB777

Three years...sort of took your time waiting to do your next? Can't wait to see some more from you!!!!

Scott (Burma Shave....remember?) B

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks for all the nice comment's. I'm hoping to be posting some move pens soon. I'm going to pickup my lathe tomorrow at HF it's on sale and I have a 25% off coupon not a bad deal.

Top Bottom