My first PC Pen.....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pensmyth

pensmyth

I've been wanting to try one for a while now. With Toni and everyone else making them I figured now was as good a time as ever. I purchased the PC Canes off of Etsy. The pen is a CUSA Clicker.

Attachments

• DSCN0074.JPG
    DSCN0074.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCN0076.JPG
    DSCN0076.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCN0078.JPG
    DSCN0078.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 248
  • DSCN0079.JPG
    DSCN0079.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN0077.JPG
    DSCN0077.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CaptG

Good looking pen, not the flowers and butterflys I was expecting, but with the hearts it still qualifies as a "girly pen". :) Welcome to the dark side, can you feel the force??
Nice job.

pensmyth

I know, my wife snatched it up before I had a chance to take any pictures had to beg for it back to snap some pic's!
I tried to turn away from the force but....I.... just.... can't :eek:

Toni

Excellent job!! She does nice canes. How did you find using the canes, because there is no translucent background you just applied it to the base layer which was black am i correct? Did you have fun? Great Design!!

pensmyth

Toni,
I really like her canes. She has some really detailed work. I'm looking forward to trying more of hers. I took and rolled out some black PC as thin as I could and wrapped the tube. Then I just sliced away at the cane which had black borders and played with some different ideas till I came up with this one. Then I rolled it on a flat surface to "set" all the pieces. I kept the bushings on both ends to make sure the design didn't push past the ends. I baked it in my PC oven let it cool and then turned it down a bit on the lathe and finished up by sanding. I had gaps between the pieces and filled that by applying many coats of medium ca. If you look in the picture you can see where a couple of the designs were sanded through and I had some pin holes left in the ca that I should have been a little more diligent on filling but this pen was a learning attempt and I'm happy with how it turned out. The wife loves it so I know I'll be making more and its safe to say I HAVE stepped over to the "Dark" side :biggrin:

pensmyth

OMG! My wife took this pen to work today and EVERYONE wants one. One of the girls there who has another one of my "wooden" pens wanted to know if she could trade up. I guess I'll be making some more real soon!

Top Bottom