My first one!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LMB777

LMB777

Since the voting is over, at least for my pen, I thought I'd show it off. Okay, Scott(SDB777) thought I should. This is a simple JRGent1 gold roller. In fact, I sold it yesterday to a nice guy from Stuttgart that came up to get some wood blanks.

This is the first pen anyone has seen from me, was interesting to hear Scott tell me more sanding...that is really messy! I'll be making a bunch of these blanks today!

Lyn

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I knew she could make a great blank! She learned from Bob(BSea) some time back and has been making a LOT of them. Was a little apprehensive about just standing there while she turned it...but all was well(no fights)! She learns quick, and I was very proud to see her placing amongst the turners here.

Sure is better looking then the first pen I ever photo'd and showed to anyone!

Scott (makes me wonder what she'll do next year) B

TDE

Scott, I think you're in trouble. Lyn,the pen looks great and the colors in that blank are over the top. We look forward to seeing many more. That blank is a keeper for sure. Ted

TDicaprio

Is this blank " Burning Sunset"? I have a 1946 Gibson with a similar burnt sunset finish. I should pick one up, turn a nice pen and photograph it with the Gibson. That's for sharing...really nice!

SDB777

Is this blank " Burning Sunset"? I have a 1946 Gibson with a similar burnt sunset finish. I should pick one up, turn a nice pen and photograph it with the Gibson. That's for sharing...really nice!

Think she is calling it "Gunge Camo"....although that Burning Sunset has always been my favorite! It was the first pour she ever learned to do with Bob(BSea)....think I still have some video of that day?(but I probably would walk with a limp if I ever showed it to anyone)

Scott (Ted's right, she MY KEEPER:wink:) B

BSea

Scott, I think you're in trouble. Lyn,the pen looks great and the colors in that blank are over the top. We look forward to seeing many more. That blank is a keeper for sure. Ted
Based on how much "FUN" she had sanding & finishing, I doubt Scott is in much trouble. :rolleyes:

On the other hand, I doubt Lyn has much to worry about when it comes to Scott casting. :biggrin: Not that he can't do it (see paragraph below). I just don't think he likes it all that much.

But it was fun to see them in the casting contest as competitors. And congratulations to Scott for finishing 2nd in the casting colors contest.

Top Bottom