My First Olympia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rd_ab_penman

rd_ab_penman

Chrome ballpoint. Acrylic White with Black Stripes. Wet sanded and polished down to 12,000 MM.

Top barrel uses 8mm tube. Clip is spring loaded. Has 1/8" tenon for pressed on center band. A sleeve is pressed inside center band end of the 8mm tube to accept 7mm transmission.

Lower barrel uses a 7mm tube. Used both an A Mandrel and a B Mandrel to turn blanks.

As always suggestions and comments welcome.

olympiachromeandwhitewixp7.jpg

chromeolympiaacrylicwhihg7.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Very good looking pen. This is a good selling pen. I don't like making them, but every time I make a batch, they sell real quick.

gerryr

These kits are sort of a pain to make, but as Anthony noted, they sell quite well, but I'm with Cav, why did you use both mandrels? The bushings are designed for the "A" mandrel.

Nice job on the pen. The diameter of the top barrel is really critical where it meets the CB and it looks like you did a great job with it.

Firefyter-emt

I "believe" that the B mandrel will fit the cap tube without bushings, but as for why.. I am stumped. I mean, when you can turn without a mandrel, why would you?? [}:)]

Oh come awn... I DO have a reputation to uphold!

Really though, that is a nice pen. This is the kit that I used to replace the Euro and with the cigar to back a heaiver pen in a twistie, this pen is a better seller than the Euro due to looks and build, yet reached the weight range of the slim line which is well recieved. You can shorten the cap down a 1/4 so it does not seem as long, but to be honest, I like it either way.

avbill

Did Berea Pens change the style of the Olympia pen my Olympia pen has a single black ring 1/16 " inlayed on the CB. and my clip is basically straight.

Bill Daniels

jhs494

Great fit and finish! I like the blank and kit combo, good choice.
I will have to look into that kit. I am looking for a light weight, yet classier look than a slim. This looks like it may work.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Top Bottom