My first Nolan pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from maxwell_smart007

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
This is the first pen I've ever made with a high-quality blank. I got some from Nolan for a steal with the intention of giving them to my father-in-law. A few fell off the proverbial truck - this is one of them!

It's a red or brown mallee burl (brown, I think), finished with CA and BLO. In person, the finish looks like super clear glass, but it looks a bit off in the picture - not sure why that is...

Anyway, I'm hoping that I'm not hooked, as my pocketbook cannot take it - but it sure is a nice piece of wood!

This might be the pen I use to sign my first ever house purchase! ( potential stealth-gloat) :D

Andrew

20083342812_burl.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Hey, did anyone else get the distinct feeling that there was a gloat that just flew by, or was it me? Huhh..

Nice looking pen, Andrew! That's got some nice color, very vibrant. Hey, what's that turned spalty looking thing in the background? Candlestick? Shiatsu massage roller? Antlered wombat call? :)

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Yep, as it still has a thousand things that might fall through, that was a fly-by gloat!:)

Spalted thing in the background next to the purchased stone mortar-and-pestle was a mini flower vase that I made for my fiance. I clean the table about as well as I clean the shop, so most of what I've ever turned is on that table...as it's a little round thing about two feet in radius, that tells you how much I've turned thus far! :)

Can't seem to find a picture of it at the moment though, but rest assured it's not some weird homemade torture device...

karlkuehn

Banned
Originally posted by maxwell_smart007

Yep, as it still has a thousand things that might fall through, that was a fly-by gloat!:)

Spalted thing in the background next to the purchased stone mortar-and-pestle was a mini flower vase that I made for my fiance. I clean the table about as well as I clean the shop, so most of what I've ever turned is on that table...as it's a little round thing about two feet in radius, that tells you how much I've turned thus far! :)

Can't seem to find a picture of it at the moment though, but rest assured it's not some weird homemade torture device...

Heh...I was hoping it was some cool Voodoo-infused mortgage procurement relic that I could maybe borrow from you at a later date when it's time for my own ghost gloat. [:p]

GBusardo

Great looking pen Andrew! That sure is some sweet wood. Make sure you use that pen to sign all the house papers. Maybe all the people you will be paying (bankers, lawyers, real estate agent) will look at the pen and will want to buy one off you!
Good luck!

Top Bottom