My first modified slims and a couple of others

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jkeith

jkeith

Thought I would give a modified slimline a go. Made a couple out of some of the cheap acrylic blanks from the Woodcraft shorty pile (one for the Aggie fans). I need to try a segmented band next.

Also tried a Slimline Pro with no band. Not sure I like it with the band gone, but the wife wanted it... she's happy, I will call that a win.

Last one is a request from a co-worker, Classic Elite II with the Molten Metal inlace.

Attachments

• modslim-stripes.jpg
    modslim-stripes.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 310
  • modslim-aggie.jpg
    modslim-aggie.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 312
  • pasteldream.jpg
    pasteldream.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 334
  • moltenmetal1.jpg
    moltenmetal1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 288
  • moltenmetal3.jpg
    moltenmetal3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Beautys_Beast

I made a lot of bandless slimlines when I was first starting. None looked as good as yours. I have also learned to turn bands as well. Makes em interesting and expands what you can do with an inexpensive kit.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
They are all really nice, but that last one is just fantastic. The kit is perfect for that blank.

jkeith

I made a lot of bandless slimlines when I was first starting. None looked as good as yours. I have also learned to turn bands as well. Makes em interesting and expands what you can do with an inexpensive kit.

Thanks for the comment! I didn't post all the ones I screwed up... haha! I'm going to try a band on the next batch of these I do. Looks like a lot of fun. Biggest issue I have right now is no table saw, or even a band saw. Doing everything by hand. Currently looking for something so I can start to segment.

Top Bottom