My First Majestic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from LarryDNJR

LarryDNJR

Majestic Black Titanium & Rhodium Roller-Ball

The wood I believe is Oak from what I could tell. Curly almost burl like. Anyone else have suggestions?

CA Finish.

LarryDNJR

Attachments

• Majestic 20110103-01-A_Resized.jpg
    Majestic 20110103-01-A_Resized.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 271
  • Majestic 20110103-01-C_Resized.jpg
    Majestic 20110103-01-C_Resized.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 432
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

I think you are right on the Oak. I think what you are calling "curl" may actually be "ray flecks" and I think the grain (at least on the nib part) is on a bias or even cross cut. Regardless, it is a beautiful pen. Great job.

wiset1

Love the Majestic pens and this wood grain really makes the pen POP! Great job on the finish also

LarryDNJR

I think you are right on the Oak. I think what you are calling "curl" may actually be "ray flecks" and I think the grain (at least on the nib part) is on a bias or even cross cut. Regardless, it is a beautiful pen. Great job.

To be honest it was diagonally cut. I know that much. Ray Flecks huh. It really seemed like there was a-lot of curly action going on. Maybe curly grain and Ray Flecks?

Any have a more specific ID as to which type of Oak? I'm just thrilled I guessed it was Oak in the first place. :)

LarryDNJR

Thank you for all the compliments on the pen and the finish. I had this pen made for 2 days a guy my father works with gave him this and some other wood recently had decided to buy the pen right on the spot after showing it to him.

LarryDNJR

Here is the block of wood I used to make this pen. The areas marked with the black line are the front and back of the blank I cut out.

Maybe this will help in determining for sure what type of wood this is. Thanks for looking!

LarryDNJR

Attachments

• Majestic 20110103-01-Wood.jpg
    Majestic 20110103-01-Wood.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 102

ToddMR

As I already let you know Larry, I think you did a really awesome job on this pen. That shows with that guy buying it so quickly. You continue to do some really cool things. Keep it up!

Top Bottom