My First Ligero's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jim in Oakville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

These are my first Ligero's. One is a blue box elder burl with a 10k gold roller ball kit. The second is a green box elder burl with a platinum fountain pen kit. An easy kit to make, but I am not sure I like the plastic feel of the hardware.

200571913852_IMG_2286.jpg

200571913910_IMG_2287.jpg

200571913927_IMG_2289.jpg

200571913942_IMG_2292.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

Great looking pens I especially like the Blue box elder. I was wondering if you could answer me a question on this kit. The part that you use to secure the cap is that a plug that you push in like the Jr. Gent or is it one that you screw into a piece that you pushed in.

Originally posted by vick
<br />Great looking pens I especially like the Blue box elder. I was wondering if you could answer me a question on this kit. The part that you use to secure the cap is that a plug that you push in like the Jr. Gent or is it one that you screw into a piece that you pushed in.

Thanks Mike!!

That piece is pressed in ..

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Very nice work Jim. I love the El Grande and Ligero pen kits. I do agree with you that the amount of plastic in the kit is a slight negative. The fountain pen nib of an El Grande fits the best in my hand of any I have used; so I still make them on occasion.

JimGo

Jim, they are both beauties, but I agree with Billy, the green one is a beauty. Very elegant looking.

Congrats on both!

PenWorks

Beautifull pens Jim, they both look great, but the green one is outstanding. I really like the Ligero over the El Grande. The only thing that will make that green one look nicer, is one of my gold nibs [:)]

woodscavenger

Blue for me. I have done two of them myself. An acrylic RB and a banksia FP. I don't think the plastic detracts. It keeps the kit from being too heavy but large enough to be very comfortable in the hand. The FP nib writes fantastic on mine. My first two were bushing to bushing because I wasn't sure how they would look with a little curve. You have answered the question very nicely. Great work.

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Beautifull pens Jim, they both look great, but the green one is outstanding. I really like the Ligero over the El Grande. The only thing that will make that green one look nicer, is one of my gold nibs [:)]

One of your Gold Nibs...Oh No, now what Are you tempting me with??

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom