My First Liberty and Atlas

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from B Wo

B Wo

These were my first attempts at an WC Atlas pen and a WC Liberty pen.

The Atlas is made from a Jim Beam barrel. The Liberty is deer antler.

Atlas-JimBeamBarrel_zps3f5c9342.jpg

Liberty-Antler_zps45636ff5.jpg

The photos are...lackluster, to be generous. Figured I'd get familiar with turning pens before taking pictures of them, haha.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Thanks.

-Brian

Nice pens I like the burnt in lines on the first one it sets it just a bit apart. I like the hardware set on the second one. Really nice job on both!

B Wo

Both are nice. I love to turn antler i even kinda like the smell of. most cant stand it.

Thanks, Booney0717. Due to space restrictions in my work area, I use a dust collector and wear a 3M organic vapor/particulate mask, so I don't really know what antler smells like. But I think it looks really striking. I could see relating the smell of antler to creating a good-looking pen :)

Nice pens I like the burnt in lines on the first one it sets it just a bit apart. I like the hardware set on the second one. Really nice job on both!

Thanks, Mike. I didn't think oak would have much natural figuring, so I wanted to add some visual interest (also, admittedly, since it was made from a barrel, I wanted the look to suggest a barrel, haha). The Liberty hardware is stainless steel, which gives me peace of mind because I don't have to worry about the plating chipping or wearing.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Brian

Top Bottom