My first Knot!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from toolcrazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolcrazy

This is my first attempt at a Celtic knot. Done with ebony inlay and what was suppose to be curly maple. Didn't turn out too curly. All on a black ti cigar. Comments, the good, bad and the ugly, welcome. TIA
200791732511_first_knot_cigar.jpg

200791732536_first_knot_cigar_closeup.jpg
:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

Thanks All!!

I used this tutorial to make this knot.

http://www.thepenshop.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6715&KW

Makes it super easy and repeatable. But it did take me a bit to get the sled just right.

GaryMGg

Originally posted by toolcrazy
<br />Thanks All!!

I used this tutorial to make this knot.

http://www.thepenshop.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6715&KW

Makes it super easy and repeatable. But it did take me a bit to get the sled just right.

Steve,
I want to thank you for your workmanship. As a rather new pen crafter myself, I've learned everything I know about it from two forums and several very generous friends -- some of whom I've met because of these forums. To be able to learn and grow in skill with y'all is rewarding. But, to be able to give something back that's tangible, that others can use and to see the results of giving back -- that's a joy words can hardly express. Thank you barely scratches the surface, yet I don't know how else to say it. So, thank you again.

toolcrazy

Originally posted by GaryMGg
<br />
Steve,
I want to thank you for your workmanship. As a rather new pen crafter myself, I've learned everything I know about it from two forums and several very generous friends -- some of whom I've met because of these forums. To be able to learn and grow in skill with y'all is rewarding. But, to be able to give something back that's tangible, that others can use and to see the results of giving back -- that's a joy words can hardly express. Thank you barely scratches the surface, yet I don't know how else to say it. So, thank you again.

Well, Thank you, if it wasn't for your tutorial, I wouldn't of tried this. It made it so easy, that this pen won't be my last knot. I made a few mistakes, but I learned from them and won't do it again. And your right, if it wasn't for the two forums, I wouldn't be the pen maker that I am today. Even though there is better pen makers than me on these forums, it just pushes me harder to get even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom