My first Jr. Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Firefyter-emt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

This is the best I can get on a photo so bear with me. I think I should of gone with the gold trimed kit on this instead, but anyway here it is. The blank is a very wild african black wood. It was quite a pain to keep it togather with the grain pattern like that. This was also my 1st CA finish, took me a little bit to get it right, but I hope it can take some daily abuse over the Lacquer finish.

This kit is a fountian pen, and once the noodlers ink comes in I can install the schmidtt ink pump that is sitting here on my desk and give their luxury blue a shot.

There, I adjusted the color a little to get it as close to correct as I could.

102806.jpg

1025061.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Lee ..... however long it took you to match up the grain, was time very well spent. The swirls on the cap match up great with the bottom swirls. They have real impact.

Firefyter-emt

Thanks guys, I am happy with it myself. Although I do wish I went with the gold trim, it still works quite nicely. I might just make one in gold trimming with some of the very deep black Blackwood that I have here. I made a Americana FP in it and it's so dark that unless it's in the daylight, it looks like solid black. I kinda like that wood coloring more than this (even with the wild grain pattern)

I am also supprised on how light the pen really is. I thought it would be pretty heavy and in fact, it's close to or maybe even lighter than the Americana FP I have been using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom