My first Jr. Emperor (big pic)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from RAdams

RAdams

Banned
This kit was purchased for me by my brother in Okinawa. I have been trying to make this pen for a couple of weeks at least. Every time i would get close, I would decide that the material was not good enough, and start over. It has been through 2 PR blanks, and 1 wood blank. I finally got it today.

I poured the PR blank that is on it. I used my 600 grit gouge and the soapy water technique to bring it to final size. Overall, It was an excellent lesson in having patience when making a pen. I don't have a barrell trimmer, or adapter to fit, and not really feeling like making a 7mm adapter, i found a solution in my 4 jaw chuck and soft jaws.

1_fountain_pen.JPG
Details:

Black Titanium and Rhodium fountain
Black PR with a hint of blue and silver
sanded from 600 grit to 12k MM
2 applications of Meguires Plast-X

I will be bringing it to my first show in just over a week. I have very mixed feelings about selling it. I think i need a support group for seperation anxiety or something. The price tag will probably reflect my anxiety disorder. Hope you like it. I know the pic sucks. I will try to get some better pics soon. Trust me, THE PEN DESERVES IT!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
This kit was purchased for me by my brother in Okinawa. I have been trying to make this pen for a couple of weeks at least. Every time i would get close, I would decide that the material was not good enough, and start over. It has been through 2 PR blanks, and 1 wood blank. I finally got it today.

I poured the PR blank that is on it. I used my 600 grit gouge and the soapy water technique to bring it to final size. Overall, It was an excellent lesson in having patience when making a pen. I don't have a barrell trimmer, or adapter to fit, and not really feeling like making a 7mm adapter, i found a solution in my 4 jaw chuck and soft jaws.

Details:

Black Titanium and Rhodium fountain
Black PR with a hint of blue and silver
sanded from 600 grit to 12k MM
2 applications of Meguires Plast-X

I will be bringing it to my first show in just over a week. I have very mixed feelings about selling it. I think i need a support group for seperation anxiety or something. The price tag will probably reflect my anxiety disorder. Hope you like it.
I know the pic sucks. I will try to get some better pics soon.
It would show up much better on a plain white background!

RAdams

Banned
Yeah i know it. My white material has a mystery stain on it that i didnt notice till last night. I gotta get some new material.

Top Bottom